Lightning Server Creation Guide
From Discord Servers
This guide is unfinished.
This is a guide for making a successful Discord server. All the contents are only for reference.
Before making a server
- Think about the major themes of your server.
- This could be a game.
- This could be 'General Talks', but this cannot be your only theme.
- This could be any specific range of stuff that people like (eg. Science, Programming, ...)
- This could be a multiple game community, but also this cannot be your only theme. (You need to focus on 1~3 games)
- Think again about your theme.
- Do you have experience on the theme you've chosen? How much?
- Will people be attracted by your theme?
- Do you have any friends who are also interested in this kind of stuff?
- Or you're not an expert, but they are?
- Do you have any friends who have management skills?
- Do they want to be moderators/co-owners?
Making a server
- What channels do you need?
- Remember: You must make an off-topic channel, or people will get bored!
- You cannot make too many channels!
- What roles do you need? (Exclude bots)
- Careful when giving ANY Administrator permission! Seriously, don't give it to your mods/admins. Only give it to owner/co-owner.
- Of course, don't make too many roles with different permissions!
- What bots do you need?
- Make a channel for people to command bots!
Managing a server
- What rules do you need?
- You need to consider all possible situations.
- You cannot make the rules too strict!
- You need to make the rules clear!